Reports to: Assistant Head of School for Advancement
Asheville School seeks an individual to join a dynamic office of one of the leading independent schools in the country. The Major Gifts Officer will manage a major gifts fund-raising plan as part of a strategic $25 million capital campaign. An emphasis will be placed on individual donor relationships and successful solicitation activities of high-capacity prospects. This individual should possess a commitment to Asheville School's mission, have a passion for education, and have the ability and talent to successfully work with colleagues, alumni, parents, volunteers, and other members of the school community.
- Management of major gift prospect portfolio with cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Achievement of key metrics including 7-10 face-to-face quality visits each month.
- Communication and advocacy on behalf of the needs of the School.
- Completion of contact reports and other pertinent follow-up after donor visits.
- Work with campaign coordinator to manage all appointments, travel arrangements and reservations.
- Attendance and participation at various school activities as well as campaign-related meetings, events, or other special projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel; frequent travel is required and necessary in order to achieve contact accountabilities.
- Excellent listening, writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills a must; ability to be persuasive and motivating.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with appropriate discretion.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in fundraising.
- Familiarity with educational institutions, preferably independent schools.
- Previous experience with fundraising software; Raiser's Edge (Blackbaud) preferred; Moves Management a plus.