Changing a Course
So you want to change your schedule...?
First of all, please keep in mind that we typically don't want students to change their schedules. Academic course placement is based upon the following contributing factors:
- A student's demonstrated previous work, ability, and attitude
- Availability and space constraints of a specific class
- Balance of enrollment between sections of a course
If you are considering a change to your schedule, please begin the process by doing the following:
- Speak with your current teacher
- Speak with your advisor
- Speak with your parent(s)
If everyone in that group agrees that your schedule should change, please fill-out a Course Drop/Add Form and have all the relevant people sign the completed document. Once that form is completed, THEN come see Mr. Kussrow in his office (located in the library).
Please keep in mind that schedules do NOT change for the following reasons:
- "I don't like my teacher..."
- "I like this other teacher more..."
- "I don't like my classmates..."
- "This course is hard..." (though you haven't really applied yourself so far)
- "I really want to be in Honors / AP..." (even though your work so far has not demonstrated that level of ability or effort)
- "I want to have a longer sleep-in day during that period..."
- "I heard that So-And-So got to change his/her schedule..."
Course changes are based upon what's best for you academically; if we can help to make that happen, we will certainly do all that we can. Keep in mind, however, that the constraints of attending a smaller school include a limited set of options within the academic schedule and course offerings. Sometimes, compromise is necessary. Nonetheless, we'll do the best that we can to ensure that you are in the "right" courses.