An important part of an Asheville School education is learning the value of community and service to others. During their time here, students engage in a variety of service, first in projects on campus and later in the greater Asheville community. Along the way, they work with classmates, faculty members and community members, both young and old, and gain valuable insight into themselves and others.
Through the school's commitment to service, students learn that volunteerism contributes to their becoming responsible and compassionate citizens.
Local organizations that have benefited from volunteer service of Asheville School students:
- ABCCM Women's and Children's Shelter
- Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
- Asheville-Buncombe Council on Aging
- Asheville City Schools
- Asheville Humane Society
- Brother Wolf Animal Rescue
- Buncombe County Schools: Johnston Elementary, Sand Hill-Venable Elementary
- City of Asheville
- Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community
- Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- The Health Adventure Children's Museum
- MANNA FoodBank