Commencement activities will take place on May 25 - 26, 2018.
- Exam Week Schedule: All students will take exams from May 21 – May 25. Seniors do not have to move out of their rooms before Saturday; however, seniors may move out of the dorm to stay with their parents after their last exam. Seniors will not be allowed to sleep off campus unless all their belongings are moved out of the dorm, the room is cleaned, and a Hall Parent has signed them out. Once a senior has moved off campus, the student is not allowed back on dorm. All seniors must move out of the dorms completely by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday. Only international students with early flights on Sunday may remain overnight on Saturday, May 26.
- Thursday: All seniors must attend the Athletic Banquet Dinner on Thursday, May 24, which is required of all students. Any senior who has moved off campus prior to Thursday night will have to return to campus for the banquet in classroom dress.
- Friday: Senior choir members must return to campus Friday for a 4:30 p.m. rehearsal. All other seniors must return on Friday at 5:15 p.m. for a graduation rehearsal and the Baccalaureate service at 6:00 p.m. Due to limited seating in Boyd Chapel, admission to the Baccalaureate service is by ticket only. Although we would like all who attend the Baccalaureate service to be seated in the chapel, it is not physically possible. The seniors sit together in the front of the chapel and do not need tickets. This year’s senior class is quite large, so each senior family will receive two tickets for seats inside the chapel. The tickets will be available at the tent across from the chapel after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 25. We invite all overflow guests to watch the service in Graham Theater. Please note: if you have additional children at AS, she/he would need a ticket to attend the service inside the chapel with you. Please contact Phyllis Montgomery to place any additional people’s names you would like to have seated inside the chapel on a waiting list for the few extra tickets available.
- Saturday: All seniors must be at the Lawrence Hall steps at 9:00 a.m. sharp on Saturday for the class picture. It is Memorial Day Weekend, so please anticipate extra traffic that morning and please be on time. Following the photo, seniors will line-up at the gym. Commencement begins at 10 a.m. on the Chapel Lawn. Buffet Lunch is planned for all guests from Noon to 2:00 p.m. in Sharp Dining Hall.
- Saturday After Commencement: Dorm faculty will be present to support the final moving out process. We take great pride in our facilities and in teaching students to care for them properly. When they leave for the summer, we are hopeful that their rooms will meet these basic standards: all school furniture present; room otherwise empty; floor, bureau and desk clean; and all trash taken to the dumpster. Any support you could add to this process as your child is moving out is greatly appreciated. Dorms should be empty of belongings and reasonably clean by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 26.
For more information about Asheville School's Commencement 2018, please call Phyllis Montgomery at 828-254-6345 ext. 4015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP to meals: Your response (including numbers) for meals is very important for our meal count. Please complete this online form OR call Phyllis Montgomery with your meal counts at 828-254-6345 ext. 4015.
Ordering Graduation Videos: During Commencement on Saturday morning, VideoMaster Productions will film the ceremony. You may pre-order a DVD here.The cost of the DVD with shipping and handling is $25. Parents are welcome to take pictures during the ceremony, but we will have a professional photographer taking photos that may be ordered individually following Commencement weekend.
Review State Laws: Prior to the weekend, we ask that all parents and seniors take time to review the important North Carolina drinking laws memo.
Dress Code for Seniors:
Girls: White dress within the school’s dress code, dress shoes which will allow seniors to walk in grass.
Boys: Blue button down dress shirt, navy blue blazer, white dress pants, senior tie, socks, belt and dress shoes.
Handicap Parking: If you need handicap parking for any member of your party, contact Phyllis Montgomery.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, May 25
Saturday, May 26
Senior Luncheon Reception