A rigorous academic curriculum is the cornerstone of the Asheville School experience. Expectations are set high for our students, because we believe in what they can achieve and in the merit of the challenge it takes to get there. The more they grow and learn, the more they understand who they are meant to be. Our students graduate fully prepared for college—and for a life of purpose.
The ability to write and think critically equips us to thoughtfully approach the world’s complexity. We take a broad and varied approach to the study of the written world, surveying a range of periods and genres.
- Ancient Studies
- Honors World Studies
- Research Seminar and Intro to Studio Art
- AP European Studies: English
- Honors European Studies: History
- Honors American Studies: History
- AP American Studies: English
- Honors Humanities Seminar
Our science curriculum produces critical thinkers who can read and evaluate scientific data and understand the basic principles of major scientific disciplines. Each student develops a lively curiosity about how the world functions—and eagerness to explore it.
- First Year Biology
- AP Biology
- First Year Chemistry (Regular and Honors Offered)
- AP Chemistry
- Honors Physics
- AP Physics 1 and 2
- AP Physics: Mechanics and Electricity & Magnetism
- AP Environmental Science
- Anatomy and Physiology
Find joy in the exploration of mathematics, from statistics to computer science. Grounded in fundamental principles and problem-solving skills, our curriculum empowers students with an enduring understanding of the numeric world.
- Quantitative Reasoning 1 and 2
- Precalculus with Statistics
- AP Statistics
- Advanced Topics in Mathematics
- Honors Geometry
- Honors Algebra II
- Honors Precalculus
- Honors Precalculus Advanced
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- Introduction to Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science A
By fostering creativity and an innovative spirit, we prepare students for their future. The arts are our pathway to discover and celebrate our diverse perspectives and talents while building respect and connection within our community.
- Studio Art I
- Studio Art II
- Studio Art III – IV
- AP Studio Art: 2-D Portfolio
- Applied Music
- AP Music Theory
- Chamber Choir
- Handbell Ensemble
- Instrumental Ensemble
We challenge our students to cultivate curiosity, empathy, and a global perspective. Students use their developing language skills and cultural awareness to communicate with others—both at home and in their travels—in order to find their place in a complex and connected world.
- French I-V (Honors and AP Offered)
- Spanish I-VI (Honors and AP Offered)
Visionaries. Pioneers. Trailblazers. Each year, we welcome a range of thought leaders to our campus to engage in substantive conversations with our students about what it means to pursue a life of meaning and purpose beyond Asheville School.