Strength & Conditioning
"Building physicality, toughness and togetherness through consistent, focused effort to prepare each Asheville School student-athlete to thrive in competition."
Student-athletes receive awards in strength and conditioning for meeting specific weight lifting and conditioning standards. The acorn, oak sapling, and oak tree logos feature the artwork of David Zheng 2018 and symbolize three levels of achievement.
The 3,600 square foot Asheville School fitness center was constructed in 2002 and updated in 2016. The fitness center adjoins the athletic training room, featuring an expansive view of the campus and athletic fields. The facility was designed to accommodate up to 30 student-athletes during team workouts.
- Five fully-equipped York power racks with custom Olympic lifting platforms
- York barbells, iron plates and bumper plates
- Two glute-ham developers
- Two Gravitron machines
- 14 Nautilus machine stations
- A wide selection of plyo boxes, dumbbells, medicine balls, stability balls and exercise bands
- Five Precor ellipticals
- Two Precor treadmills
- Two Precor exercise bikes